Why join the Bear family? We offer an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment. Bear Communications is committed to the pursuit of growth and use of innovative technologies to improve our company and increase our service offerings. We envision a future where our company is the number one communications provider in the region.
Why else? We offer an inclusive benefits package for all full-time employees including 401K, medical, dental and vision. Plus paid training, competitive salary and 3 weeks paid vacation within your first year of employment!
This position includes quality control oversight of our OSP department. Our contract tasks us with assisting in building out both underground and aerial aspects of their FTTH network, which needs the quality to be held to the strictest of standards. This position has a variety of requirements and expectations. This position demands attention to detail and clear and concise reporting & communications in order for us to be successful.
This position is based out of Tucson, AZ. Ability to travel/relocate to the Tucson area will be a necessity.
• Inspect 100% of completed LCPs and LCPs for quality and accuracy against the Construction Typicals
• Open/inspect all vaults to verify gravel, bend radius, all vault bolts and ensure the vault is level with the ground
• Measure aerial clearances
• Check for proper restoration of area
• Take photos of all GIGS and attach to inspection report
• Track the defects by LCP, supervisor and contractor who completed the work and be prepared to present metric reporting on pass/fail for each supervisor, LCP, contractor
• Provide written documentation of GIGS to the Project Manager, Supervisors and Director
• Ensure that you and your staff are representing Bear appropriately and you are managing each in an efficient, professional manner.
• Manage the deadlines for each LCP and make sure you are meeting those deadlines. Assign your inspectors in an efficient and productive manner making sure that timelines and quality are most important
• Obtain the list of closed LCPs ready for QC
• Keep a log of LCPs QC’d, the outcome, those that passed and those that failed
• Track LCPs pending re-inspection and verify corrections were made to specification
• Update the QC tabs in the LCP Tracker spreadsheets with the requested information
• Manage your inspectors time efficiently. Make sure you know where they are at all times and what they are working on
• Keep paperwork up to date, make sure all Gigs are flowing to the right people so they can be repaired and make sure your tracking those Gigs so you know when to go back and re-inspect them
• Experience in the telecommunications industry
• Three years of prior management experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Valid driver's license
Bear Communications, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Females, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply!