Why join the Bear family? We offer an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment. Bear Communications is committed to the pursuit of growth and use of innovative technologies to improve our company and increase our service offerings. We envision a future where our company is the number one communications provider in the region.
Why else? We offer an inclusive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision. Plus paid training and 3 weeks paid vacation within your first year of employment!
And…we are looking for mechanically inclined candidates with strong attention to detail and who is looking to become a long term Bear family member.
• Manages a portfolio of assets including fleet vehicles, trailers, large machinery, trade tools and miscellaneous company property identifying the best uses of the property.
• Maintain all programs utilized by the Safety/Fleet/Asset department Emkay, Geotab, Donlen and Penguindata.
• Responsible for managing vehicle insurance, employee uniforms, company cell phones and rosters
• Issue and track the fuel cards via Voyager online, monitor for excessive use, unusual fuel purchase locations and report and provide monthly reports to managers regarding their staff’s expenditures on fuel.
• Coordinates insurance claims, reporting and tracking to Safety/Fleet/Asset Director.
• Responsible for invoicing coding for all assets and vehicles
• Coordinate activities to develop and update the asset management programs.
• Prepares financial, operation, maintenance and other reports utilizing inventory and asset management principles.
• Accounting - maintains database of company assets and assist in data collecting, gathering and compiling data on various location assets.
• Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures for managing the company assets.
• Coordinates and assist project managers in obtaining operational and maintenance records, financial and cost data and performance criteria for individual assets.
• Conducts monthly physical inventories of the assets and links to the asset lists and accounting records at the company’s CPA Firm
• Assist in the development of short and long-term asset management and Capital Improvement Programs in coordination with the finance department.
• Assist in investigations and adjusts Workers’ Compensation and long-term disability claims.
• Determines compensability of claims and issues denials or payments where appropriate.
• Communicates with all levels of departmental staff in evaluating claims.
• Assists with injury leave analysis and reporting of workers compensation claims.
• Any other duties assigned
A bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience and 1-3 years’ experience.
A background check and drug screen will be conducted as part of our employment on-boarding process.